Thursday, August 26, 2010

yelling and screaming and dresses, oh my!

It is my firm belief that any Bride-to-Be should have a guaranteed, 100% free, unlimited & refillable prescription to anti anxiety medications. Who's with me?!

My dress came in and I am unfortunately going to have to have it altered on the sides at the bust line, along with my bustle. And unfortunately David's Bridal will NOT be getting my business. On top of paying a ridiculous amount of money for the dress itself, they were going to charge me $170 dollars for more alterations. First of all, I WANTED to order the next size up to have a little wiggle room, but nooooooooo, I left it up to the "professionals" to decide, and of course they want to squeeze every last dime out of you, let alone squeeze you into the original dress. SO, I will be taking my business else where, where they aren't going to charge me my first born child to fix a dress size that I didn't want to order in the first place. UGHHH.

ON TOP OF THAT,
Signature Bridal (yeah, that's right, I'm giving them their not-so-well deserved shout out) called me to let me know that "there was a flaw in Ashley, your maid of honor's, dress and it will not be arriving until the first week of October." I firmly replied with, "LADY, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE OUT OF YOUR MIND." They haven't seen Bridezilla until they see me, and let me tell you... after ripping them a you-know-what, and ME telling THEM how it's going to be, if they call me one more time to give me some lame excuse about a flaw in the fabric, so help me God, none of them will have heads after I leave that store. I told her that it is 100% her responsibility to get that dress to me by the end of this month and Ashley will be her number one priority for alterations after that. She will be in the day the dress comes in and it will be done BEFORE the first week in October. MY FLIPPING WEDDING IS THE SECOND WEEK OF OCTOBER. I told her this was all unacceptable, and I don't care who has to do what, but I want that dress by the end of this month. She continued to tell me the same story over and over again until I cut her off telling her we spent more that $1000 dollars in that store and although she says it takes 12-14 weeks to get any bridesmaids dresses in, we ordered the damn dress 12 weeks ago, and after October will be more then 14 weeks. Ashley hasn't even tried the dress on for crying out loud! She took a risk ordering it because THEY didn't have it in stock, and she is paying a hell of a lot of money for it in the first place for them to be making mistakes. In closing, I simply told her, "This is UNACCEPTABLE. You WILL have that dress to me by the end of September, and it will be YOUR responsibility to get it here. I don't want to hear anything else out of your mouth. The day that dress comes in, Ashley will be there for alterations, and she will be your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY."

By the time I got off the phone, by blood pressure was sky rocketing.

So now, after I get off of work, I will drive down to David's Bridal and pick up my wedding dress. Monday morning I am going to go to a recommended alterations place with hopes that it will be somewhat cheaper. Because quite frankly, I just might have to start paying these people with my unborn children because we are running out of money here, with all the damn vultures and all.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment