Sunday, August 22, 2010

55 days & counting...

Everything seems to be falling into place quite perfectly! Too perfectly, I should say... & it's beginning to make me a little nervous. You know, like, when something is too good to be true? Or if it seems to good to be true, it usually is? Ahhh, old wives tales, how you threaten me! I am staying on top of my game to make sure everything goes smoothly, or at least damn close to it.

My last task that is making me nervous is my flowers. I can't justify spending $540 on something that we are only going to see for ONE DAY and is going to DIE the next. First of all, I don't even like fresh flowers because they remind me of my mom's funeral. Second of all, that's a HELL of a lot of money! So here is the plan: we will take a trip to Costco the week (probably a couple days before) of the wedding and pick out some flowers for the bridesmaid's bouquets and perhaps slight decorations. I am going to buy a full orchid plant and clip the orchid flowers and make the groomsmen's boutiniers. The lattace arch will be silk flowers, and the head table will have small orchid plants on it, as the rest of the center pieces are candles. My bouquet, of course, will be real :) Sounds simple, right? RIGHT.

I'm feeling a little run down now that we are coming to the end of the planning process. I am going cake tasting with my suedo-mom, Jolene, on Tuesday and that's basically the last 'important wedding essential' thing I have to do. All the boys went and had their measurements for their tuxedos (btw, I am SO excited to see all the handsome men all dressed up, especially Mark!) and the girls' dresses should be in the last week of August or beginning September, same with my dress. Invitations are going out tomorrow morning, and RSVPs should be in by the middle of September. We will meet with David, the wedding coordinator, mid September with the final numbers and to discuss the menu. We finally have a DJ! Mark's friend from work is giving us a FAB deal, which I am extrememely thankful for, so we finished our music list, and have yet to make the timed list as in the entrance and specific dances, and so on and so forth. Mark's wedding band looks great! He is really excited about it, and it looks so cute on his "little sausage finger" (haha, that's what I tell him his fingers look like ;) ) and I have to take mine in to be polished and resized. & We will be taking the journey to the Indio Courthouse to get our marriage license in a couple weeks.  Wow, I guess I still have a little more to do than I thought...!

Here comes the ulcer again...

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment