Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life: expect the unexpected

66 days & counting.

For the first time in I couldn't tell you how long, I accepted the fact that I needed a break. I actually used my days off from work to my advantage and only did the minimal housework I needed to do. In fact, during one of my days off I spent the entire day in my bat cave laying on the couch. & You know what? I loved every second of it.

66 days. WOW. The excitement comes in waves; this morning I was blow drying my hair and thought to myself what it was going to be like the morning of my wedding day doing that very same thing and a wave of excitement rushed over me, giving me a few little butterflies in my stomach while Mark slept so peacefully in our bed in the next room over. Everything still seems so surreal sometimes. I have found someone, and no matter who you ask, they will tell you, "I can't see you with anyone else for the rest of your life except Mark." THAT is a wonderful thing to hear, especially when I feel the exact same way. And isn't that what I'm supposed to feel like? Isn't that what marriage is? What love is? I constantly repeat to myself sometimes: I am getting married. I AM getting married. I AM GETTING MARRIED?! Why yes, yes I am. I am the future Mrs. Jessica Ann Herrick. It has a nice ring to it, dontcha think?

Today's tasks to be accomplished: music list, cake ideas, & floral arrangements.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment