Friday, September 10, 2010

Last night I asked Mark if he was excited about the wedding coming up so quickly, and he nodded his head. For a second there, I thought he was only saying that just because he knows I wanted to hear it until I saw him smile. He asked me if I was excited and of course I told him I was, and all of a sudden a wave of emotion came over me and I almost wanted to cry... in a little over a month, everything I ever wanted will be happening. All this hard work, stress, money, time, and everything else we have been working on will soon be worth it. I can't wait to have all of our closest friends and our family in one room on our night. OUR NIGHT. The one night everyone will be there for US. Mr & Mrs. Mark and Jessica Herrick. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many weddings I've been to, or been in for that matter, where I sat there and watched the two people in love dance and laugh the night away. And we will be doing the same thing in thirty six days. Thirty six.

I'm taking my dress back to David's Bridal. I know, I know... I'm stubborn and difficult sometimes, but hey - at least they know how to bustle it. AND they insure the dress just in case anything else happens to it before the wedding day. They spot check it and steam in, ready to be worn, and to me it's worth it. I was going to have to (still) find someone who knows how to do the french bustle and take it out, and then take it to a dry cleaners to be cleaned since somewhere along my tailor journey my train was stepped on. And if I take it back to David's, they will do it for me. All in all, I will be paying the same amount, if not more when all is said and done. And my friend so graciously asked if she could pay for the alterations as my bridal shower gift and I so stubbornly told her I wouldn't dream of letting her pay for the whole thing. Shoot, I was already going to pay for the alterations myself anyway, so we agreed upon going in halfsies...kinda. ;)

Monday I'll be out on my journey to find a bridal shower dress. I used to always get nervous for my birthday parties, only because believe it or not, I hate being the center of attention. So Saturday is going to be a struggle! On Tuesday, Mark and I are going to get our marriage license... exciting, huh?!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment