Thursday, October 7, 2010

We're in the homestretch!

So the OFFICIAL countdown has begun: 9 days!!!

Things are going so well right now, and I seem to be keeping my cool. We had a couple of mishaps along the road these past few weeks but it's nothing we can't handle! Our DJ up and moved to another state and with the help of a friend of Mark's who owns a media company, we got that problem resolved quickly. Special thanks to Multimedia Unlimited, LLC who took over our event at the last minute! I have faith in them and am sure they will do a great job!
& for everyone reading, please keep our friend Shaun's family in your prayers. They had a family tragedy this past week and could use all of our thoughts and prayers. Shaun has stepped out of the wedding to be there for his family and we wish them happy thoughts and strength as they get through the next couple weeks. Justin, a long time friend of Mark's has graciously accepted Mark's invite to join us in the wedding party. Welcome, Justin!
I picked up my wedding dress yesterday and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Actually, that word does it no justice. It's absolutely amazing and fits like a charm. THAT was my biggest concern. After all the issues we had with the dress and taking it to the tailors and back to David's Bridal and yada yada, everything worked out perfectly. & I cannot wait to show Mark as I walk down that aisle... truest me, he is anxiously waiting to see what the big hype was all about anyway.
I ordered my bouquet and Mark's boutonniere this week. Another special thanks to Dave Rohr at Desert Floral Importers for working with me last minute. I originally wanted to do all my own flowers, but second guessed myself about my bouquet. Besides, I'm the bride - shouldn't I get professional flowers?!
I am working until Sunday and then have 10 days off to finished up wedding details and whatnot. My Aunt Dini, my mom's sister, comes in on Wednesday for 10 days and my Aunt Marlene & Aunt Micky, my dad's sisters, come in on Friday for 4 days. Words cannot express how excited I am to see my family!!! It's been 4 1/2 years since I've seen Aunty Dini and over a year and a half since I've seen Aunt Marlene and Aunt Micky! Not to mention, the last time my dad's sisters were out here was for my high school graduation (and let's not count the years here...but it's been awhile) when it was the beginning of summer and 105 degrees outside!
Speaking of weather, we have been BLESSED with gorgeous weather lately... I actually wear a sweater around the house in the morning since I've been opening up the windows and doors lately! I hope the weather continues to stay cool and we don't get last minute rain like last week!!! C'MON MOTHER NATURE! WORK WITH ME HERE!

...will update later this week on any new and exciting wedding details. I'm sure I'll have more to share!

Xoxo

PS: wanna hear a funny story?! Mark and I counted our final guest list tally, turned it in, PAID for it, and......... forgot to count ourselves in the total! Who does that?! WE DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment